Hey, that baby cost you a fortune right, or at least cost you a chunk amount of change whether you own a dinghy or a yacht. Am sure its a considerable amount of investment. It’s also important to protect that investment for it to give you fun for a very long time. Boat cover is one of the ways you can help your boat keep its luster.
there’s a variety of boat covers out there. the rule of the thumb is to go for the one that matches perfectly well with the kind of boat you have. Here is a list of some of the most prominent boat cover types that are available out there in the market for you to purchase.
- Mooring covers – Mooring covers have specifically been designed to be used in water or on the trailer. It can also be used on the hoist. By nature, the Mooring covers are much taller when compared to towing covers. They have the ability to withstand heavy rain storms without water leakage. These covers are specifically been designed for storage purposes.
- Towing or Trailing Covers – The Towing or Trailing Covers are made tight and low to cut down the wind while the boat is being towed at high speed. They can be used for storage as well as a mooring. However, it is important to keep in mind that Towing or Trailing Covers are not the best options available for heavy winter snow.
- Bass Boat Covers – The Bass Boat Covers are made with heavy coated fabric. They can be used to store large boats with minimum hassle. In fact, it is possible for you to snap the Bass Boat Cover to the boat or tie it to your trailer.
- Bow Cover – The open bow area of the boat can be covered with the help of a Bow Cover. People tend to use these covers for a quick cover when they are towing or at the dock. It is important to keep in mind that Bow Covers are not the best solution available for boat owners when it is snowing.
- Cockpit Cover – As the name implies, a Cockpit Cover can be used to cover the cockpit area of a boat. Therefore, you will not be able to provide complete protection to your boat against the UV light rays of the sun. As a result, you will need to purchase a separate cover to be used on your boat when you are storing it.
- Universal covers – This sums up the covers that have been designed to fit well to all the boats. When you are purchasing a universal boat cover, you will need to pay attention towards the centerline width and length of your boat and then start shopping. That’s because the universal boat covers come out in standard sizes and you will have to purchase one of them.
This are the different kinds of boat covers, you can get a lot of good ones from amazon.com. just look up your boat type and there’s a lot of reputable brands and quality covers to choose from.